cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead landline!

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Phone line went dead last night, during a call. Now no dial tone, nothing, unable to call in or out..

Have tried connecting a second phone, nothing. Tried phoning my number from another phone (neighbours!) nothing, phone just drops the call!! 

Now, tried to sort this online, but the stupid system just sends me round in circles, and repeatedly says to phone 150 from a virgin landline!! (helpful NOT, as landline not working!!) 

Typical useless Virgin Media!! 

38 REPLIES 38

'I have looked into this and the fix time is 18th November. We are working hard to resolve this'

Why am I not surprised at this, ANOTHER  'floating fix' date..

So, basically 4 days without a phone, and counting.....

Basically, VM services NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. 

bet anything you like, the 18th will then become 20th, which will then become 22nd, etc, etc. 

Then, we find the SNR fault wasn't the problem, and start again to 'go through the routine checks', etc, all the while I am paying for a phone I can't use, and missing calls that are important (family member in hospital, landline is the hospitals means of contacting us.) 

The 'service status' is USELESS if it doesn't tell the truth!! WHY pretend it does, giving customers a 'false' result??

Now trying to contact hospital to try to arrange alternative phone number!!

Hi HughJarsse, thanks for the reply. 

The engineers are on site and trying to resolve this, when needed they will extend the fix time but rest assured we are working on the issue. 

KInd regards, Chris. 

Don’t hold your breath we have had 3 engineers visits and 4 fix dates 3 weeks later still no land line !!

Hi mervynburrows, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that there is still an issue with this as the outage has been fixed. 

How is the landline today, I have run a test and is showing as green but there could still be an issue? 

Kind regards 

Chris

'Don’t hold your breath we have had 3 engineers visits and 4 fix dates 3 weeks later still no land line !!'

Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it... (see this thread..2 YEARS and STILL not fixed!!) I ended up having had to change from VM to '3' to get OTP/2FA's and VM are still 'looking into this'  after 2 YEARS.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages/td-p/4328952   18000+ views and 400+ replies, STILL NOT FIXED.

VM are famous for their 'rolling fixes' which go on for weeks, months, and years.

Currently looking at alternative suppliers for BB/tv/phone, as this lot are VERY quick to take your money every month, but.... have problems, and they are reluctant to actually DO anything to sort it out.... fed B/S, lies, and broken promises and led round in circles.....

Hi HughJarsse, thanks for the reply. 

the estimated fix time is currently 18 NOV 2022  at 11:15

Our engineers are working on this issue and are working to resolved this.

Kind regards 

Chris. 

'fault number F010251226'

Any updates on this please, as we STILL have no landline, and it's now 13:45??

If it has now been fixed, we need an engineer, if it hasn't when is the fix date now??

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HughJarsse

Thanks for your response

The estimated fix date is now 21 NOV 2022 15:30 - thank you for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I wrote this on Tuesday, 16th when it was announced the 'fix date' was 18th' :

bet anything you like, the 18th will then become 20th, which will then become 22nd, etc, etc. 

Guess what, I was RIGHT.  moved from 16th to 18th, now moved to 21st (suppose that's because its the weekend, and VM DONT WORK weekends??)

And, I also bet that on 21st it will move to 23rd, then 25th. 

In the meantime, I have no phone, VM have my money, and the 'fix' is moving nearer and nearer  to Christmas. 

Do I get a refund of the money VM charge me for the phone line rental??  FAT CHANCE. 

A week without a phone, VM don't care and are not interested in even looking to see if its a different problem. 'Wait until the  fault is fixed, then if you still have no phone, we will arrange an engineer' is the reply. 

As stated, VM SERVICES ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.  How many other VM phone users in my area are without a landline due to this 'fault' would be interested to know, as this fault can't just be to my phone, there must be other users in the same situation.

Patience is running thin here, and possible complaint incoming!! 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hughjarrse

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Our team are working hard to have this resolved as soon as they possibly can. Thank you for your patience with this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs