cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead landline / lost password

goldcrest
Joining in

Since yesterday - no dial tone / incoming calls saying "unknown number".

Service status says no issues.

Spoke to help desk last night - they said yes - known problem will fix asap - nothing since - no updates, line still dead.

Total farce re password, told it's wrong (successfully used secondary checks) but they can't help with re-setting / changing it!  

So when will the landline be fixed and how do I reset the password? Thx   .  

9 REPLIES 9

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @goldcrest

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Update (NB UB7):

Wednesday reported - told helpdesk they said yes - known problem will fix asap - not fixed

Thursday messaged here - not fixed

Friday told on here yes - known problem will fix asap  (had been told that on Wednesday) - not fixed

Saturday - not fixed,  rechecked this forum and lo! Loads of calls have come in since from all over the place, most given fix times and quite a lot fixed!

Also read on one message

"Usually our service status page would be updated when a ticket is raised. For reference the ticket is F??????. "

Re-checked status - no fault - so has a ticket been raised or am I going to be without a phone indefinitely????? 

Hi goldcrest, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear the landline issues are still ongoing for you. 

When there is an open fault in the area, whilst we try and fix things as soon as possible, it can sometimes take longer than expected. 

Checking our systems this end, I can see the fault is no longer affecting the landline. If you are still having an issue then something else will be at play. 

Before we can look at getting an engineer booked for you, there are a few checks we will need to go through with you. Can you let me know the following please:

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Different handset - still dead - no dial tone.

Dialling inward - message "You've dialled an incorrect number - try again"

Thx

Hi goldcrest, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and for answering the questions. 

We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi goldcrest,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks so much - you booked an engineer and amazingly within 10 minutes the line was back!

I've tried to cancel the engineers appointment but there's nothing there so I assume it was auto-cancelled once fixed.

So one last thing - can you please reset my memorable word?

Thx

Hi goldcrest, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I'm glad things are back up and running for you now. I can ensure the appointment is cancelled and get your memorable word updated for you. 

In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you so will send you another private message 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi goldcrest, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have updated the memorable word for you now as agreed. 

Keep us posted on if you have any further issues. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team