cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead land line, useless help, stll trying to find contact details

stevedh2
Knows their stuff

Last night had an outage of tv, broadband and landline.
This morning tv and Broadband came back but landline didn't
Mine is one of the old standard landlines, so its possible we've been upgraded to 21cv without me being informed. phone works fine in another line, and another phone doesn't work in my virgin line.

Anyway service status says everything is fine,
click still having an issue,
click on home phone,
Click on Fix your landline... which is the only option vaguely appropriate.
and I get a choice of 'Poor sound quality', 'Block nuisance calls', 'Constant ringing'
so no help at all.

So click on 'Contact us' at the bottom of the page.
click on 'Experiencing an Issue.'
Select 'Landline' and I am back to the above useless help page.

the bottom of which says
'And if after following the steps we need to send you some new equipment, book an engineer because your landline's down, or if you need some more landline help – don’t worry, you’ll be able to get in touch.'

HOW!!!!

Its quite possible I am blind, or have just missed the necessary option, but I can't find how I am supposed to report my problem. I don't see a phone number or option anywhere.

I could also do with speaking to someone who can tell me if its that my normal phone service has been discontinued and replaced with 21cv and someone forgot to send me an adapter or assumed I was already on it in and if that is the case send me an adaptor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @stevedh2

How are things looking this morning with the phone line?

Thanks again.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @stevedh2

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your landline! 

I have had a look and I can see that there is an outage reported that is effecting landline, the fault ID for this is F010301248.

This is expected to be resolved this evening at 21.20. Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this time? 

Thank you. 

Thanks for the info as the check service status still shows everything as ok.

Just checked and still no dial tone, but will wait until 21:20 and let you know how it goes.

Hi there @stevedh2

How are things looking this morning with the phone line?

Thanks again.

Good Morning,
And I am happy to let you know it is fixed.

Although luckily I did a proper test as I was about to tell you it was still dead, as although the message on my phone telling me that it was unplugged had gone away, I still had no dial tone.

I tried unplugging it, and the message telling me it wasn't connected came back, I plugged it in again and the message went away.. and I now had a dial tone.

thanks for the help

That's great to hear and thank you for letting me know! 

Please do pop back to the forums in the future should you need any assistance and we will do all we can to assist! 

Thanks again