cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Land Line

ugavine
Tuning in

Does anyone have an email to contact Virginmedia?

My Land Line is dead, so can't phone.  No, I don't have a mobile.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ugavine,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline services at the moment! 

Can you please let us know if you can take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if going through the outlined steps can help resolve the issue?

Do you have a dial tone on your landline phone? Are you able to make or receive any calls?

Let us know so we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Yes I've gone through the faults page.

There is no dial tone.  If someone calls it just rings out their end but my phone doesn't ring.

I have two phone wall sockets and its the same on both sockets.

Tested with a different telephone and the fault is the same.

Unplugged all phones and tested with a single phone just in case it was a faulty phone causing the issue, it's not.

I had some work done on my broadband recently and I can't recall receiving a call since then.  Don't make many calls so only noticed the dead line last night.

Regards,

Simon

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ugavine,

Thank you for coming back to me and keeping me updated on your findings through the online checks.

Sorry to hear that none of the suggested actions did not work and that you have no dial tone. I'll be more than happy to look into this issue further for you via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ugavine
Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your ongoing landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team