cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Voicemail on Landline

BobC765
Tuning in

Why is it so difficult to deactivate voicemail on a landline? Activation can be done online, why not deactivation? It appears I must dial the dreadful 150, which then gives me loads of options, none of which are relevant.

Also why was voicemail activated when we moved house - is wasn't active before, so why was it thought we would want afterwards?

Bob

141 REPLIES 141

Hey AlexanderMTTH,

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get it sorted for you.

Regards

Steven_L

rainio
Tuning in

Please deactivate our voice mail on our landline, also.

Kr,

Bart

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rainio, 

thanks for your post and I can certainly take a look in getting this removed for you, I will pop you a PM keep a lookout for the purple envelope 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rainio, 

Glad I could sort this out for you please if you have any more issues please pop back 🙂 

Zoie

martip
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie_P,

We have suddenly become aware that voicemail is active on our line!

As we already have an answerphone, which does NOT require us to lift the handset in order to ascertain whether or not we have messages, we do not require this service.

Please facilitate the removal of this service asap.

Thank you.

Broadband / Phone

Hi martip,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your answerphone due to ours being active .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Please can you deactivate my network answer phone for my landline phone also please as it over rides the answer phone on my handset.

Hi CyrilA

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'll happily assist with the voicemail removal. I'll send you a PM so we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM @CyrilA,

The voicemail has been removed on our system and the work order will complete by midnight tomorrow. 

Have a good weekend 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @martip

Thanks for your Private Message to my colleague - is is out of the office so I have picked that up for you. I have managed to make the relevant changes today and your voicemail should now be removed from your landline -  please can you check and confirm for us? 

When you have a moment, just pop us a reply to let us know. 

Cheers so much

Katie - Forum Team