cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Voicemail on Landline

BobC765
Tuning in

Why is it so difficult to deactivate voicemail on a landline? Activation can be done online, why not deactivation? It appears I must dial the dreadful 150, which then gives me loads of options, none of which are relevant.

Also why was voicemail activated when we moved house - is wasn't active before, so why was it thought we would want afterwards?

Bob

141 REPLIES 141

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chrishenson,

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information and for clearing security. 🙂

I hope you don't mind me picking this up for you while Collette is away from the office.

I have now removed the free voicemail service off your account and this will take 24 hours to complete.

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 
In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.
Take care,
Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Hi

Could someone please help deactivate our landline VM too, please?

Eyvind

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello ChristianH,

Welcome to our community forums, I am sorry to hear you want to deactivate your landline, If you can call us on 03454541111/150 the team will be happy to do this for you.

Thanks Joe_F 

CmH73
Joining in

Hello

Can someone arrange for my landline voicemail to be removed as well please?

Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CmH73,

Welcome to the community.

Yes I can certainly help.  I will request some details in a private message.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Quite agree with Bob!! With all your so-called IT facilities, you cannot work out how to allow your CUSTOMERS to easily Turn Off their unwanted voicemail.

Why do you technocrats assume that because you can do it, we all must want it. Have you tried phoning your 150 - It's like watching paint dry.

Hi,

Could someone deactivate my landline voicemail too.  My own answering system has been messed up recently.

Thanks

MYA

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi myangel, 

I will send you a private message so I can look into this for you, If you can reply we can look to get this sorted 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

Please deactivate my voicemail - again. It was switched off but now it's appeared again. Please make this basic service available on either the landline and/or online

Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi abaird,

We will be more than happy to remove this from your service. 

To be able to do this, we will need some more information. I will send you a PM with the information we would need to be able to help.

If you can reply to this, we will be happy to get this resolved for you.

Thanks

Lindsey_C