cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged Cable

Bigh13
Tuning in

I've been having intermittent issues with noisy line while using my home phone, doesn't happen all the time so didn't think too much about it. However today I've been lifting carpets ready to have a new one laid and noticed that the cable that runs from my front door to the wall socket is damaged. In several places the outer sleeving of the cable had cracked and has left a spaghetti of internal wires which in places also look pretty degraded and brittle. This cable was originally installed over 25 years ago by what was then Comcast.

Looking online I've seen that Virgin are now providing some customers a VoIP phone line via the hub and I was wondering if this was available in my area and if this could be used as a placement to my damaged cable.

Any advise would be greatly received

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Bigh13,

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Bigh13,

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn