cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOCSIS/21CV -> Call waiting & divert by default?

forshawj
Up to speed

I tried to enable Call Waiting on my Digital telephone but said wasn’t active… I thought this as “free” and available to use as default…. Is this the case or does it need to be made active / additional charge?
thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Aaron2
Well-informed

Call Waiting is not standard and is billed at £2.25 or something a month as is Call Diversion. So to add both you'd be looking at about £4.50-£5 a month extra to your bill.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Thanks but this is confusing .,, see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Standard features

3-Way calling - Natter with two other people at once.

Call Waiting - A bleeping noise will let you know when someone else is trying to call.

Anonymous Caller Rejection - Anyone withholding their number won’t get through.

Quick Dial - Save your favourite numbers and dial them with a few taps.

thought this was advantage of migrating 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @forshawj,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and for your landline feature query.

Have you taken a look at our Landline Calling Features page to see if this can explain your available call features?

Call Waiting is a feature included in your landline service, however Call Divert is chargable. You can read more about this on our How To Set Up Call Diversion page

Let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks but when I dial *#43# to see status of Call Waiting I get the message "Sorry the service requested is not available from this line...."

Do I need to dial 150?

Thanks

Jeff

Hello forshawj

Thanks for replying.

This Call divert feature will need to be added on the account from our side.

I can get this arranged for you.

It can take 24 hours to be activated.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thought this maybe interesting for others …

Unless this is a mistake - Virgin Media’s definition of ‘Standard Features’ is premium add-in and not complimentary. 
As start of thread call-waiting is Standard Feature for Digital switchover but still chargeable.