cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

mac51
Joining in

What on earth is wrong with VM customer service. Why do VM send emails explicitly stating one thing. Only to be told something different over the phone. We had an email on the 16th last Thursday saying you need to order new hub for delivery and that you can arrange self-install. Over the phone they say that can't happen. What on earth was the point of sending the email in the first place. Some consistency would help. Email says you can, phone person says you can't. Ridiculous. Why do VM make everything so complicated when it doesn't need to be. It's no wonder people get fed up and leave. Will VM ever sort out customer service. I wonder how many people have experienced these type of contradictions. 

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Assuming (as it does not say) this is about having the correct Hub to use with the VOIP phone service.

Hubs (3/4/5) can provide a telephone service, only the earlier Hubs will need to be replaced.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mac51 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you have not received the support and assistance regarding your home phone switch over. 

Customers require to have a Hub 3 or above, so either a Hub 3, 4 or 5 for the fibre home migration to be completed, and work in the home. I have checked the systems at our side and can see that you do need a Hub upgrade for your migration and can see that this has been arranged for you prior to when you state your letter was received, My apologies for any confusion caused by this. 

Please do let me know if you are unaware of your appointment time and date or any details for this and we can bring you into private messages to pass account security and confirm any details for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Sure the issue is the hubs. But it's more about VM contradicting themselves and giving out conflicting messages to their customers.

@Carley Yes we received a letter a little while back. But we also recently received an email just last Thursday on the 16th. Saying what I have already mentioned in the OP. As I say VM need to be more consistent. And stop giving out conflicting information.

Ah okay, my apologies, it sounds like you have received an additional email regarding the home phone switchover when you already have the necessary steps in place for this to complete as normal. 

I will raise this with the team to advise that information is being sent to customers that already have contacted and have made arrangements for the switchover. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this email. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley