cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossed telephone lines

efpk1959
On our wavelength

I have a very similar problem.  I live in Leicester and when I call my virgin landline from my virgin mobile I also get crossed lines numerous times.  Mine seems to connect to a medical practice/doctors surgery.  My wife answers the phone and can hear me and also the other person I am connected to.  I sometimes have to ring 4 or 5 times to get through to my home landline.  My wife is also saying these last few days when she tries to ring from the landline she is being connected to a Willow Medical Practice.  

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @efpk1959

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, I am going to drop you a private message now - please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Euphonium
Joining in

Thanks for your post. I would have answered last week but was on hols.

The problem you describe is exactly the same as ours. I first reported it to VM during November 2021 but it has not yet been rectified and it happened again today with a series of incoming calls from two Virgin Mobile callers. Some time ago, I even went to the lengths of setting up trials with three Virgin Mobile users to provide data to help VM diagnose the problem. It seems to me that the problem is within VM's system with communication between the bits that service their mobile network and the bits which service their landline network. We never get problems with callers from landlines or from non-VM mobile callers. For example, I have a 3 mobile and it calls our VM landline faultlessly. Similarly, my wife can call from her BT mobile with no problem whatsoever.

It is interesting that you report crossed lines with doctors surgeries. We have had a similar experience with doctors surgeries and veterinary practices although we have also had a variety of crossed lines with people trying to make appointments with opticians and local councils. Sometimes we (or the caller) can talk with the crosser but often it seems that they cannot hear us and soon hang up.

Regards   ...Robert

Hi Euphonium, 

Thank you for posting. Is your crossline issue still ongoing since you last spoke with my colleague with your further information? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley:  Yes, the problem is exactly the same. For example, twice, this afternoon, Virgin Mobile callers struggled to call our Virginmedia landline. In both instances it took four or so attempts before a connection was made. For both callers, the line was blank at our end until the final attempt. I do not know what the callers heard, i.e. whether it was actually a crossed line or just blank.

I hope that your technical people will take this problem seriously and fix it!

...Robert

I can see that my colleague has raised this and updated the time from when you last spoke. If you have any further concerns or updates, please let them know and we can pass on this information for you. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley