cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling when using landline.

Reece11
On our wavelength

Hi, my landline is plugged into my Hub 3.0 and I have noticed crackling when I make calls or recieve calls.

What could be causing this as I was not having this problem when my phoneline was connected to the telephone line. Since I've switched over to the VOIP thing it's been doing it for over a year.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Reece11

Sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced with the interference on the line, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at your account and connection, there doesn't appear to be any issues with the landline. 

You may have already tried these previously but does this happen when using both phone ports on the back of the Hub?

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Reece11

Sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced with the interference on the line, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at your account and connection, there doesn't appear to be any issues with the landline. 

You may have already tried these previously but does this happen when using both phone ports on the back of the Hub?

Rob

Reece11
On our wavelength
Hi Rob, no I have not tried using the other phone port. I will give that a try. If the interferance is still happening what do you think it could possibly be? Is the actual crackling (interference) coming from the Hub 3 or the street cabinet or something on your end? If that makes sense.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Reece11,

Thank you for getting back to me about this issue, and I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem when on calls.

Would you be able to reboot your Hub for me and let me know if we're able to run a line test on your equipment? This will only take a moment, but will disconnect your connection on the landline for a minute or two, so please let me know if we're able to run this test. 

This may help identify any issues that are ongoing with your connection.

Please let us know if we can run the line test and I will keep you updated on the results.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs