Menu
Burch
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Crackling on the line

Hi

Since Saturday afternoon I've had a problem with very noisy crackling on my phone line. It started about 10 minutes into a call, and instantly made communication impossible. Since then it has apparently been fine, but only for about 3 minutes, then it starts again. It's "recovered" like this a few times.

I had been using an extension, but have tried it straight into the box (installed when I was with blueyonder before the takeover), I've also tried another (wired) phone plugged into the box, but the problem remains. Have also tried the phone test on the website, which indicates no problems.

Seems an odd issue (the fact it seems to fix itself for brief periods).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Nath64
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crackling on the line

Hi,

I have the same problem, a very noisy crackling line.  I have unplugged the socket at the wall and plugged back, and it's the same.  Please help!

Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Burch,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are facing issues with a crackly line, I have had  look at thing our end and can see some issues.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Burch
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

had a technician out this afternoon and he fixed the issue, he didn't even have to come inside. Thanks to you and the technician.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear all sorted 🙂

Is there anything further we can assist with?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos