cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling line

WellINever
Joining in

Hi

Can you help? My mother has a your telephone and broadband service. When I call her from my mobile the line starts crackling before we connect and continues to crackle during the call. When I call her from my landline or any other landline I do not have the same problem. The call connects perfectly.

I therefore do not think it is a fault in her house  and I think it is an issue elsewhere in the system. I have tried to speak to someone about this but the only choice is to book an engineers visit. She has covid at the moment and therefore no one can visit for some time. She is 84 and needs her telephone to work.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi WellINever, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about the problem being experienced here. Can I just clear up some information first if you don't mind? Does this happen from all mobiles, or just yours? How long has this been happening for? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

all mobile: I am with vodaphone my wife is with giff gaff and my sister has the same issue. I am not sure which airtime provider she uses.

It has been happening for a few months. We had an engineer visit to deal with her failed router and he checked all the wiring to the house from the virgin box and replaced the router. We do not wish to run her telephone line through the router as that would mean she would be without a phone line if the internet failed and she has poor mobile coverage in her house.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As you can appreciate there will only be so much we can do from this side to diagnose the fault - this is something we would usually have an engineer attend to look into the lines/connection. I will be able to have a look into the account if you're able to pass security on behalf of your mother. 

I will send you a private message. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.