cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cordless handset

suebolton
Tuning in

Can anyone recommend a good basic cordless handset that works well on the virgin media network

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@suebolton wrote:

No i havent borrowed one yet but just wanted to get some recomendations in case i need a new one. No one seems to be able to give advice different handset. Its a pity vigin dont sell landline handsets. A gap in their product range i think.

You should wait until your technician visit before buying any new equipment.

Panasonic, BT and Siemens Gigaset are regularly mentioned as being used by customers on the forum. Some of the BT cordless range have a feature by 'trueCall' built in which screens calls and prevents automated scam calls ringing through to the home phone.

Suggest you find a phone which has the features you want then read some online reviews for the particular model you are thinking of buying. Look for any particular, and repeated, mentions of specific common problems i.e. poor sound quality, poor sound level, problems with ringing volume, problems connecting to VM lines etc.

When issues with a particular phone are mentioned on the forum, it is usually to do with caller ID not working reliably for a particular model. Buy from somewhere with a good returns policy so you can return the phone in the (unlikely) event that you run into problems.

I use a cordless phone but also keep a spare, simple, corded handset in a cupboard as handy backup for the purposes of testing the line in case there is a fault with the cordless. You can get such things from the likes of Argos, Currys etc. for sub £10.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is this query in relation to your earlier post?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-problem/td-p/4788280

Did you borrow an alternative handset and find that your original phone was faulty?

No i havent borrowed one yet but just wanted to get some recomendations in case i need a new one. No one seems to be able to give advice different handset. Its a pity vigin dont sell landline handsets. A gap in their product range i think.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi suebolton,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our co9mmunirty and welcome, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your phone and need to purchase a new handset.

Is the issue with your phone services or is the handset faulty?

Regards

Paul.

This thread has already been answered by one of the team thank you.

Perfect thank you for the update Sue, if you do need further help please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@suebolton wrote:

You should wait until your technician visit before buying any new equipment.

Panasonic, BT and Siemens Gigaset are regularly mentioned as being used by customers on the forum. Some of the BT cordless range have a feature by 'trueCall' built in which screens calls and prevents automated scam calls ringing through to the home phone.

Suggest you find a phone which has the features you want then read some online reviews for the particular model you are thinking of buying. Look for any particular, and repeated, mentions of specific common problems i.e. poor sound quality, poor sound level, problems with ringing volume, problems connecting to VM lines etc.

When issues with a particular phone are mentioned on the forum, it is usually to do with caller ID not working reliably for a particular model. Buy from somewhere with a good returns policy so you can return the phone in the (unlikely) event that you run into problems.

I use a cordless phone but also keep a spare, simple, corded handset in a cupboard as handy backup for the purposes of testing the line in case there is a fault with the cordless. You can get such things from the likes of Argos, Currys etc. for sub £10.

Borrowed a corded handset to test the line but still dead. Now i know its a line fault and i am glad a technician is booked for monday.

Glad to hear this @suebolton.

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help after.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs