Menu
Leew1965
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cordless Phones

My cordless phone does not work with my newly installed virgin phone line. Line is fine as it works with a corded phone. Is there a list of cordless phone systems that are compatible with virgin?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cordless Phones

Hi Leew1965,

Welcome to the community.

I have checked your line and I'm unable to find any problems in the area so I'd like to arrange for an engineer to resolve this for you.

I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ajleyshon
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Good morning,

I've just plugged my BT phones in (3290 answer phone and 3 cordless) and I'm not getting a dial tone.  The phones were in full working order in the last property which was on a BT line.

Could you help me resolve this please?  I note from the threads that you have been able to help others with a similar issue,

regards

Ali

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ali,

Welcome to the community.

I have checked your line and everything looks okay from here so I'll need to arrange for a technician to resolve this for you.

I'll just send you a private message with appointment times which you can find in the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
soniavbuk
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Virgin,

My BT cordless phone cannot dial out. I do get a dial tone, but as soon as I start typing any number, mobile or landline, by the time I punch the second number into the handset I receive a message saying 'The number you have dialled has not been recognised, please check and try again'.  The phones were in full working order when I had a BT line.

Could you help me to resolve this please?  I note from the threads that you have been able to help others with a similar issue,

regards

Sonia

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello soniavbuk

Happy to have a look at this for you 

Sorry to hear about the issue with your landline

Are you able to receive calls?

Have you tried another phone in the socket 

Regards 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
soniavbuk
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

When I dial the number from my mobile the line rings but my phones don't ring. I have 3 of them plugged in and none of them work. They are all having the same problem.

Sonia

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I will send you a private message to look into this for you 🙂 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s not the phones which are at fault it is the Virgin phone line, so please accept an appointment for a technician to visit your property.

0 Kudos