cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Expires January 2022

sweetthing1
Joining in

I want to speak to someone about getting a new deal for my landline. I am at the moment on Talk anytime which expires January 2022 and if I cannot get another deal for this I will be leaving Virgin after being with them since they were NTL in the 1980's.  

Being a loyal customer does not mean a thing to Virgin as it is so hard to even speak to someone.

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @sweething1

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forum and welcome, it's great to have you here. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with finding a new package. 

Unfortunately we do not normally do package changed via the forums, it would be best to call us on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin landline. 

As you package runs out in January I would recommend calling us in December and selecting options 4 and 4 again to find your best offers. 

Thank you. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi sweetthing1,

You can have  a chat at anytime to re-negotiate your contract, however you'll find the best deals will be available during the last 30 days of your contract.

Basically if you tried to negotiate a new price now VM would know you don't intend leaving immediately and the offers probably wouldn't be as low as waiting until later.

When you do decide to it's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully when you do speak you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you very much for replying, it is greatly appreciated.  Getting hold of customer services has been horrendous.  I have been with them since it was NTL in the 1980's but it appears that you get nothing for your loyalty.