cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting VM

Johnjohn80
Tuning in

Unable to get through on customer services line or use web-chat I had to resort to a very public series of communications on Twitter about my geriatric parents problems with their contract (or to accurate their perceived problems). I would like to talk with someone again and wanted to ask if anyone knows how I can do this without resorting to Twitter. I have a cap on the minutes available on my mobile and am close to the limit. Yesterday I had to quit after 45 mins on the CS line. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks, John.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi John, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 

We are the same team that answer the Twitter and Facebook posts so happy to help you here. There are some things that we are limited on but if you can come back to us and let us know the reasons you're wanting to contact us, we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi John, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 

We are the same team that answer the Twitter and Facebook posts so happy to help you here. There are some things that we are limited on but if you can come back to us and let us know the reasons you're wanting to contact us, we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks Kath, it is a long story but essentially involves my parents who are 96 and 95 respectively. Dad is registered blind and both are very frail but still stay at home with me and my two sisters supporting them. They got a letter last week stating their contract was up for renewal and Dad freaked out about this; they are too old to understand but it is clear the charges are correct.  I have had lengthy web chats and Twitter exchanges both on Friday and again yesterday. They rarely use the phone but we need it to stay in contact with them. Basically what I’d like to do is take over their account - I am already registered for it on MyVirgin and have been since the start. By doing this I can tell them to stop worrying it has all been sorted out. No problems at all with me initiating a direct debit with VM. Please can you help this last few days have been pretty trying.  Thanks again for responding it is so helpful to actually have someone to talk to.  Very best wishes, John

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back and expanding on things. 

I'm afraid you're unable to take over an account. The only way for the account to be moved in to your name is for your parents to cancel their account and you open a new account in your name. This does result in a minimum gap in services of 24 hours. Depending on installation it could be longer. 

Alternatively, as long as you can pass data protection on the account, the team will be able to negotiate a new package with you. This can remove the bits your parents don't need and keep the bits they do. There may also be a promotional offer available to lower the cost too. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to do the package review. We're unable to do this via the Community. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks Kath, I eventually got it ball sorted. Transferred to my name with no interruption to service. I now pay the bill too with DD.

Hi Johnjohn80, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm glad you've been able to get things sorted. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I will and thanks for all your support👍

No worries at all John. 

We're here if you need us again. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with us today.

I'm glad I was able to provide clarity for you regarding the service you have with us and explaining the information given.

As advised, we will wait for the next bill to see if everything has been done correctly. As for now, if you have any other queries, feel free to reach out to us 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team