cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Hi @TAZMANUK 

We're sorry this "no number" issue is still ongoing and we are chasing the product support teams for updates. They're working with several third parties to provide a fix and I'm afraid we don't have any ETA yet.

Appreciate the patience you've given us so far and we hope to get this resolved as soon as we can.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@se1lad wrote:

@Client62 wrote:

If @se1lad would like to post their Hub's public IP address, we can place a few dozen Ghost calls so they don't feel left out !

Hub 5 delivery appears to have resumed, but fixes for glaring WiFi / DHCP / VOIP issues remain unresolved.

There’s always the possibility that they are trialling a fix in certain areas.  I’ll report back if the calls start again.

I stand corrected - I am still receiving the ghost calls.  The reason it appeared to be fixed was that my phone had been accidentally disconnected during decorating - so i was receiving no calls at all!  I suppose disconnecting your phone could be considered a rather extreme way of fixing the problem though! 😀

Post #401 is more informative than #395.

Was going through the past calls in case I'd missed some, and was asked to flag of message was helpful or not.  Having done sone, it now won't let me do that for any other message!

I believe it is possible to remove the green tick mark i.e. to change your mind.

Et voila !

averaging approx 7 'No Number Calls' per day still...

had to make a daily clear down part of my daily checks.

I actually get annoyed to see people posting on this thread.  This has been a year now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Lets face it Virgin are incapable of solving this problem.   I bet if we went to media about this it would soon be fixed. 

Roll on end of contract ,  I will be off to cityfibre.    I'm on virgins top tier package , IE one of their most valuable customers as are many that post in this thread yet we just keep being fobbed off by the same old copy paste nonsense that's been going on for 1 year !  

Add me to the list Dear Mr Virgin.

I will be following closely and happy to take part in any action against virgin,  raising issues with ombudsman etc. 

Update (received on 9th) to my complaint - nothing since.

We just wanted to let you know we’re still looking into your complaint. We’ll get in touch in a few days’ time to go through the next steps.

Most of our customers resolve their issues through our Resolution Process. So you can better understand the outcome of your complaint, you can read our full Complaints Code at "https:/www.virginmedia.com/legal/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-practice(In line with this I again asked for a Senior Manager review - no response) . We can also send you a copy in the post.

As it has been over 8 weeks since you first raised your complaint, you have the right to ask our independent adjudicator to consider your complaint. We’re part of an Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme, who you can contact free of charge if we’re unable to resolve things. Details of the scheme can be found at: Ombudsman Services, Phone: 0330 440 1614, Web: www.ombudsman-services.org, Email: enquiry@ombudsman-services.org, Post: Ombudsman Services: Communications, P.O. Box 730, Warrington, WA4 6WU (The response here is " we don't reply to individuals" and "we may or may not follow this up").

As this has been going on for some time now, I do think that the claim or the implication that this issue is actively being investigated and worked on, is probably a little suspect. What I would suggest is that, actually, yes, it is on someone's job list, but in the interest of saving money, said person is also tasked with cleaning the CEO's car each day, making sure that the executive coffee machine is working, sweeping the floor, oh and sorting out the no number issue, when they have the time!

Yes, I do appreciate that the above is some speculative, although I'm sure that a member of the forum team, who are, remember, VM employees, and as such their posts are equivalent to an official statement by the company, and, hence, are legally binding (mostly), will wade in and fully explain the current state of the situations, give a firm timeline as to what is being done to fix it and give evidence that my suspicions, above are incorrect. Of course should those not be forthcoming then, I'm sure, every reader can come to their own conclusion as to VM's commitment or, indeed ability, to rectify this issue, no?