cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

I'm no jumping on a well documented post but it's clear after reading 42 pages it's simple

They are all waiting for a hub firmware update to the hubs as any BT, Panasonic and other digital dect phones with guardian blocking are getting false missed calls appearing in their call logs and their phones don't ring.

Virginmedia have admitted their is a firmware issue and these people are still waiting for the update that seems never to be coming.

To date our A.G.Bell instrument has not logged a single Ghost call

Client62_0-1676566939705.png

That's because VM have not yet got their hands on it  ... give them time to screw it up - a solution will be pending - ish.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Client62 wrote:

To date our A.G.Bell instrument has not logged a single Ghost call

Client62_0-1676566939705.png

Since VM don't seem able to provide a firmware fix for the problem, they may well end up offering this by way of a 'hardware fix' for customers!

Can't believe this is still going on 🙂  One year soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Clearly, this is not fixable by a simple firmware update else surely it would be fixed by now.

What a shambles. 

Could it be the Hub 5's critical defects list is such a size that a simple fix for Ghost calls is a low priority ?

If the Hub 5 was my product to deliver the multitude of severe WiFi defects and the DHCP capacity/stability issue would be at the top of the concerns list.

As a customer, if a Hub 5 is delivered to me a 3rd Party router will it follow ASAP.

@Client62 wrote:

Could it be the Hub 5's critical defects list is such a size that a simple fix for Ghost calls is a low priority ?

If the Hub 5 was my product to deliver the multitude of severe WiFi defects and the DHCP capacity/stability issue would be at the top of the concerns list.

As a customer, if a Hub 5 is delivered to me a 3rd Party router will it follow ASAP.

As more people are migrated to 21CV and are impacted by this problem I would expect it to become higher priority 

Feels to me like its a hardware issue with hub 5 yes, needs a revision.    Be glad to be proven wrong 🙂

Below Ghost calls are prevented with just 2 settings ...

Client62_0-1676645936002.png

Please can you tell me where these settings are on the Hub 5, I have this problem and would like to solve it.