cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Not sure which of the 2 threads the forum team are tracking so posting here too:

Can you add me to the list of users with this issue please?  It’s slightly more annoying for me - as I use an older phone I have to use a dongle with a ringing capacitor in it to make the phone ring (I’m using an old ADSL dongle).  This means that whenever one of these ‘calls’ comes in, my phone makes a faint ringing noise for a second.

issue has only started since I moved to a Hub 5 last week.

Hi se1lad,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing the issue too, we know it must be frustrating.

This is an issue we are aware of and currently investigating, however I'm afraid we don't currently have an estimated resolution time.

We will provided updates when we receive them.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Beth

I have the same issue - is it the line testing itself? 

Asked about test calls several times, VM said no.

Hi TF1909, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

This is an issue which is currently being investigated by the IT teams an hopefully this is resolved soon. 

They will be working hard to resolve this and hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

Hi TF1909, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

This is an issue which is currently being investigated by the IT teams an hopefully this is resolved soon. 

They will be working hard to resolve this and hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for reaching out se1lad.

We're sorry to heat you've been affected by this issue after migrating to our line via fibre.

This is a known issue our teams are currently working hard to resolve, we'll notify all affected customers once it's been restored.

Feel free to keep us posted so we know it's been taken care of.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Wow having reading 42 pages regarding these issues my digital switch over maybe happening tomorrow maybe brought forward from 1st weekend in march.

I have asked this question to Virginmedia if my call blocker would still work,.but didn't realize they was issues with the missed calls on BT premium phones which is have mine is model D93X

I might cancel the digital switch over appointment and wait for a forced one as mine I asked for. Dreading it now.

Virginmedia should have least credited those effected with a partial land line credit whilst the new firmware is implemented and working.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey TAZMANUK, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and for posting on this thread.

We're sorry to hear the confusion this matter has caused you, we'd normally ask you upon booking you in for the switchover on whether you have any call features (such as call blocker) that need transferring over which is our standard practice in these cases. 

We'd also wish to make you aware if you've booked a visit due to wiring or extra work to ensure the correct set up this is offered for free as long as we've got an open window (timeframe) for the migration.

You can still cancel this should you wish but please bear in mind that if you wish for such a visit in the future for relocating equipment this can be arrange but is chargeable with £25 as per our standard processes outside this migration window. 

In this case, you can just use the adaptor we've provided to use and plug your landline handset at the back of your hub on the date we've confirmed the switch to fibre will take effect in your area.

Lastly, we'd like to invite you to have a read here for more on our complaints code of practice. 
In case you want to raise a case with us let us know and we're happy to help with that.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

The digital switch over isn't in my area yet and on asking it was Molly T who booked in this appointment.

Also I won't be paying at £25 future digital switch over when you are moving everyone over by 2025 as a forced migration.

Fact 1 I asked if my call blocker in my phone would work the answer I got was wouldn't know until its switched over and if it wasn't for another visit 

Fact 2 your digital switch over to those that have been moved and have not phones are facing a no ring call and missed calls in their call log 

Fact 3 virgin still haven't fixed the issue and those people are still to this day waiting on a firmware from June 2022.

Also the norm for such a digital switch over in areas you receive a letter that it's happening and FREE of charge and supplied an adapter.

So any future installer visits regarding digital switch over of my phone line I won't be paying any £25.