cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Which 2023 report on Best and Worst Broadband providers. Virgin media is number 13 on the list (behind Zen, Vodaphone, Hyperoptic, Now Broadband, Plusnet, BT, EE Broadband, Shell Energy Broadband, Talk Talk, Utility Warehouse, Sky, and SSE in that order) scoring only 57% in customer satisfaction. Scoring in six areas resulted in 3/5 stars for speed, reliability, and customer service and 2/5 stars for Value for Money, Ease of Contact, and Technical Support.  The main advantage for Virgin Media being that the speediest connections are widely available, whilst the main disadvantages listed are low value for money and poor technical support.  No surprises here for those posting on this community thread.

I'm having the same problem since the changeover, yesterday. I also have BT phones.

Please list your phone model number and which hub you are using.    We are all trying to provide virgin as much information as possible.

That being said expect a fix sometime around 2026 or when the hub 6 comes out 😄 

Virgin have set my complaint to resolved and have still not spoken to me directly or notified me of a solution after 2 months. Worse still, I am told it cannot be reset to unresolved as it was set to resolved by the technical department. I also have not received my letter so cannot escalate to OFCOM.

hub 5 and BT advanced phone quad

Whatever happened to flashing a firmware update to their hubs?

Hi Chris, thanks for coming back to the thread. I will PM you to assist.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

account details supplied - again.

My phone line is due to transfer to fibre on 25th January, am I going to have an issue? I have a hub4 and a BT8500 handset.

Its only hub 5 issues as far as I know.   It started for me when I switched from hub 4 to 5 🙂

Majidph
On our wavelength

Hi

You can add me to this discussion. I have had the same problem for a few months. Even had an engineer out last week and he did not have any ideas as to the problem. He was on some VMinternal groups and nothing useful came out of it. Wanted to switch out the router again. These silent calls occur every 50 mins 24 hours a day. 
I also have BT premium phone and this problem happened with the Signal. Glad I found this forum and found out that VM support just uses scripts as we all get told the same thing and looks like nothing gets escalated to the engineering teams.

I have spoken with the dummies of the call centre too.

Let's hope we get a resolution to this soon