cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

fraserormston
On our wavelength

I get same results after a reboot. No number 

calls still getting logged. It’s just becoming farcical.

When the hub is switched off you will get line cord error as your telephone service is now via your hub and with no power and during powering cycle until it's finished only then will the telephone service be back online 

When I powered mine off and back on it was flashing white light then eventually to a solid white light.

Thank you for this. It's funny though as I didn't get this message when I rebooted last night. Seems very hit and miss. 

PRidgway
On our wavelength

I did the boot (power off and unplug for a while) and everything is the same as before, including software version and ‘no number’ calls. It obviously wasn’t local ‘works’ as no-one has checked where we all are.
@VM might be helpful if you can tell us what was changed and why the change required us to reboot. Please provide information in communications.

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

Same as above, after a reboot today no difference to the ghost calls.

I rebooted this morning but have been out all day so am unable to report on any false calls, however, I now have no TV due to "no ethernet connection" error message..... back to VM CS for 'help' ????

To be honest - I’ll go with what the engineer told me - hub5 internal problem which has to be fixed by Sagecom. No software update will remedy this only a new phone - and to my knowledge I don’t know which models! 
I have had hub4 for two weeks now and no ghost calls since installed. 
So if you can live with ghost calls, Hub5, if you can’t like me, swap for Hub4. 
I complained via the website, has a call within 48 hours, engineer came day of my choice and sorted. 
Again why Virgin are not stating this or coming up with a list of phones that do work is beyond me and very poor customer service / relations. 

6 weeks with no ghost calls.  No hardware changes or new phones  ... and running on Hub 5!

lenworth
On our wavelength

No change for me at all. Using Hub 5 and BT phones and still ghost calls every day - three today so far.

Hi Mervyn, what's the manufacturers name on your hub 5, is it Sagemcom or another name? 

George