cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there PRidgway,

Apologies for the issues still being present, is the same happening with a different device?
Let us know,

Kain

They say “unable” to provide timeline

PRidgway
On our wavelength

Hi Kain_W,

I do not have another device to hand and without the answers to the questions I asked, how do I know that any other phone I buy will not have the same issue?

Can you provide the answers, even if it is to confirm a make/model that has been tested and works.

regards

Peter

Apologies if this has already been posted…. Issue has finally made it to ispreview:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/03/virgin-media-uk-ip-phone-customers-still-facing-ghost-...

Very simply put - tell us what phone systems actually work with hub 5 please. This should not be rocket science since this test has already been completed - or so we are told.

Just been catching up with the latest messages posted and also looked at some previous posts on this thread. 

Last year on 07-11-2022 Chris Myers put a message on it’s number 94 on page 10 and this is part of it.

Who is the executive complaints team (they have not been mentioned as a possible avenue of approach so far)?

I raised the problem on 15 Sep. It has been added to by at least 8 of us (@davejo33, @Davesobratty. @gap84, @goslow, @mrfreckles, @Redwards86, and @Snokski).  We have had responses from @Akua_A, @Chris_W1, @Ilyas_Y, @John_GS, @Natalie_L, @Paul_DN, @Paulina_Z, @Robert_P, @Steven_L, @Tom_W1, @Travis_M, @Vikki_M, and @Zach-R from the Forum Team, a Community elder (@Chelmoo), and the Moderator Team (@Lisa_CC)

As I've read all the messages I noted more names from the Forum Team (I’ve highlighted in blue the FT names Chris noted and the other ones I found are highlighted in red: Paul_DN, Natalie_L, Ayisha_B, David_BN, Adri_G, Carly_S, Ashleigh_C, Lee_R, Ryan_N, Jodi_S, Alex_RM, Kain_W, Beth_G, Zoie_P, Matthew-ML,Gareth_L. This makes a total at the moment 27.

It’s like the “How many people does it take to change a light bulb joke” 

Just hope VM (Forum Team or Moderator Team member) keep their promise that they will inform us all and roll it out through the form of a hub firmware update.

On page 54 on this thread - Message 531 from the ModTeam

Hi all, 
Thank you for your patience whilst we continued to investigate this issue.
Our Voice engineering teams have concluded that the "no number" issue is device specific and not a global issue.
The route cause is located on the handsets’ sensitivity to power fluctuations received from the Hub. 

Here is the list of handsets we tested:
(We're also aware of reports of other handsets)

• Gigaset C530A Trio Digital Cordless Answer machine
  • BT8600 Advanced Call Blocker
  • BT Decor 2600 v2
  • Panasonic KX-TGJ424EB Digital Cordless Telephone with Nuisance Call Blocker and Answering Machine, Quad Dect

We will now look to explore the option to regulate the route cause, however, this needs to be discussed with the our equipment vendors and may take some time to come back.

As always we will continue to update you along the way.

Kind regards,
Community Moderation Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the Community Moderation Team,

In reading the posts on here and noting the handsets people say they have, most are BT and one was Panasonic but no mention of model number although you do have one listed. You may have or not these on your list but I’m listing then for you so that anyone in your team will pass this on to the vendors.

BT Premium

BT Dec

BT 8610 Premium

BT46 Big Button

BT 6660 

BT Advanced

BT8500 

BT8600

BTD93X

BT2500 Trio

BT6500

BT8610 Digital

BT6600 Advanced

BT4600 Trio

TKD
On our wavelength

just returned to VM and the same thing happens to me since last Wednesday 85 no number calls all day and all through the night my phone is BT 8500 phone, and would just like to add this never happened once with SKY.

Hey TKD, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

Are you using any of the phones listed above which we have tested?

Also are the cables secure and not loose / cracked? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Whatever the cause of the no number problem. It remains VMs responsibility to fix the issue. 

Please do not pass the fault on to the customer, suggesting that it is their phones.

VM are in no hurry to fix this, they are still collecting our money!!!