cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Hello PRidgway.

I am not sure if that would be possible, But its a great idea.

Gareth_L

Just had a call from the Executive team. They have today received my letter - sent on the 18th - and have been told the issue is with two specific phone systems. They were unaware my complaint had been set to resolved 3 times, unaware I had requested Senior Manager Review, unaware I had received a deadlock letter, and unaware I had gone to the ombudsman. The lady who called is now taking additional information to her manager and will call me back (I’m told). But the bottom line is that they executive team is being told the issue is with two specific telephone systems off the test list published to this community earlier (BT premium was one and I forget the other none BT phone).

That sounds like some progress at last. Well done.

What model is your BT premium phone mine is a D93x BT premium trio set which has call screening and call blocker.

Yesterday by chance a ghost call was coming in when I tried to dial out and it said handset in use even though it wasn't as I was trying to make a call out

My phone is a BT Advanced Phone (Quad), not one of the two phones quoted to me as impacted.  I did point out that the Virgin Media "tested" list was longer than two phones mentioned and included the line "we are aware other (untested by Virgin Media) phones are affected" - a veiled reference to the phones identified in this thread (I assume).

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Chris_Myers,

Do keep us posted on the teams findings during the investigation.

Regards,

Kain

@Kain_W wrote:

Thanks for the update Chris_Myers,

Do keep us posted on the teams findings during the investigation.

Regards,

Just got an email from the ombudsman. Still awaiting acceptance and appointment of adjudicator.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks again,

Did they advise of a timeframe for this?

Regards,

Kain

PRidgway
On our wavelength

I have BT 4600 Trio. Still no answers to the questions I posted which would help identify the types of phones affected.