cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

@Redwards86 wrote:

So the idiots at VM can’t even get a data access request right. 

Well no surprise there!

4 weeks ago I submitted it - today they come back with about 4 pages of A4 with all the details of my Virgin Mobile account and nothing for my Virgin Media account. 

I know I submitted it to virgin media and not virgin mobile but of course they are now saying I have to resubmit it and give them another month. 

Actually no you don't have to, I'd be submitting a complaint to the ICO now if I were you!

It’s just fob off after fob off and mistake after mistake!

It's how they work - at least in that, there is a degree of consistency😉

Hey there @Redwards86, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with processing your DSAR (Data Subject Access Request).
I will assist you on getting this done.

I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Redwards86 wrote:

So the idiots at VM can’t even get a data access request right. 

4 weeks ago I submitted it - today they come back with about 4 pages of A4 with all the details of my Virgin Mobile account and nothing for my Virgin Media account. 

I know I submitted it to virgin media and not virgin mobile but of course they are now saying I have to resubmit it and give them another month. 

It’s just fob off after fob off and mistake after mistake!

Refer to the ICO to report the DSAR failure. VM is still being 'monitored' by ICO for past failures with DSAR as per

https://ico.org.uk/media/about-the-ico/documents/4021725/virgin-media-limited-letter.pdf

moof
Fibre optic

...still averaging 9 missed calls per day 🙄

recorded it over another 7 days, but again no real pattern to the timings

good to know VM "are aware of the issue and are working hard to resolve it"  🦄  ...it's not like its only affecting one or two of us 🤓

lenworth
On our wavelength

14 for me in the last 24 hours.

Thanks for speaking with us today @Redwards86 on the forums.

We have processed this DSAR request for you and everything will be with you in the next 28 days.
If you have any other queries - feel free to reach out.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

@Ilyas_Y wrote:

Thanks for speaking with us today @Redwards86 on the forums.

We have processed this DSAR request for you and everything will be with you in the next 28 days.
If you have any other queries - feel free to reach out.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Even now you can’t get it right. 
I explicitly said you sent me DSAR relating to my mobile account and not my VM account as requested. 

After messaging me you’ve said your now sending me the DSAR for my mobile account. I already have that, don’t want or need it. 

You also got it wrong and sent this when I requested for my VM account so I shouldn’t have to wait another 28 days. 

Looks like it’s a call to the ICO as trying to speak to anyone at VM is like banging your head against a brick wall. 

Hey there @Redwards86, thanks for the reply.

I have corrected this so that it is the Virgin Media account information being requested and not the mobile.
Unfortunately for each request there is a time frame, though it is not convenient, we cannot push this to be quicker, it will be 28 days from today.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Majidph
On our wavelength

35 for me in the last 24 hours.

I purged my call list Tues Morning.  since then (as at 15:06 wed):

Tues 18:18, 18:26, 20:06, 22:36.

Wed 03:36, 06:06, 08:36, 14:07, 14:43