cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Thank you for the reply @Chris_Myers.

Truth be told if all other firmware's and software's are fine, and it's our one which is having a hiccup, it tells us that something has gone wrong which we need to rectify.
"Passing the book" doesn't really do anything, as it just plasters a wound which needs to e fixed.
So we do appreciate you raising this with us 🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Davesobratty
Tuning in

Same issue since upgraded to Hub 5 and have BT 8610 premium phones with 5 additional handsets, that we have had for years. No issue when previously plugged into Hub 3. 
Now 20 plus no number missed calls per day, where the hub 5 is drop calling the landline every hour.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Davesobratty, 

Thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear you are also experiencing the issue with the handset when connected to your Hub 5. 

As my colleague has advised on the thread, our dedicated teams have been notified and working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as we have news. 

Thank you, 

Nat

BT 4600 Big Button - Same issue!!!!

Hi davejo33,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we are sorry to hear you are receiving no number calls on your BT phone since moving over to our Phone via the Router, have you been able to try a different handset?

Regards

Paul.

Still chasing VM since 15 Sep 2022, still getting daily flooding of the call list by unrecorded number (cannot use the actual wording here apparently),  getting close to 90 postings on the subject, and still no suitable response other than an admission that the problem is with your Firmware.  Can we have an update please and a time estimate on a suitable fix

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry, we are aware however there isn't a fix at present, have you been able to try a different phone?

Regards

Paul.

I should buy a new phone because VM switched me to IP telephony driven by firmware that could not handle it? 

What part of communications does a communications provider not understand.  This is unacceptable. VM made the change, VM have firmware that cannot handle it, VM should fix it.

Do we really believe the answer is go out and buy a new phone?  So tell us please

• what phone system do we KNOW works with VM Firmware?
  • when will VM provide them?
  • Will they be provided free (Most of us require a home phone system - mine has a base station with 4 handsets)?.
  • Can you match the BT features?

I’m with Chris on this one!

I chose this particular handset for it’s call guardian features as I don’t want to have to deal with telesales people and scammers. 

At the end of the day VM made the changes to the firmware, VM need to resolve it by updating the firmware. If they can’t do that then absolutely VM should provide / reimburse customers to purchase equipment with equal functionality. 

The lip service of “we are looking into it but don’t have a resolution date” responses simply aren’t good enough. 

Perhaps everyone who’s posted on this issue should all make individual complaints to OFCOM? That would make VM speed up the process as OFCOM complaints, upheld or not each have a cost that VM has to pay. 

There's clearly little to no communication between the support team on these forums and Virgins technical team.    ITs just the same suggestions on a loop with no information of a progress update would be good.   I have been online since 1992 and have dealt with maybe 10 different ISP's always there's a ticket system for faults/complaints.   Where is this with Virgin? 

Will this just be buried for a year or what?   No one seems to care at this company.

I had 100% the same experience when I had an issue with my upload speeds,  it took me to get the private number for the 3rd virgin engineer to visit me and keep on his case for weeks.  I must have had to send 100 messages via the forum and texts to the engineer before the fault at the cabinet was fixed.