cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Morning mrfreckles,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community and also for sharing this update. I'll pass it on to the investigating teams for their thoughts.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I dont want to tell anyone how to do job but this is pretty clear the trend with this 

HUB 5 and BT premium phone 

https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-premium-phone---three-handsets-090632-D93X.html

internal tech team should get one then it will become clear what issue is .. 

Thank you for flagging this to us @snozski.

The relevant team has been made aware of this issue and will do its best to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Great thanks 🙂

No problem at all @snozski. We are happy to help 🙂 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You can add another one here, recently upgraded to the Hub 5 and have 4-5 calls daily of the same nature. Went on holiday to return to 50 'Missed Calls' with the missed call capacity on the telephone filled and no new ones being able to be recorded. No problem if it is these 'Ping Tests' (?) but annoying if it is a genuine missed call with no left message.

Come on Virgin get it sorted, this is supposed to be the future for the replacement of copper core telephone lines, not good if it constantly shows missed calls on your landline.

Hi davejo33,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are aware of this and it is being investigated, apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

Regards

Paul.

So weeks in, numbers growing, and still no feedback other than “under investigation”. Do we have a timeline for some - any- feedback (ballpark, days, weeks, months, years, sometime never)? Have we even been able to replicate the issue in a lab? Do we know anything? Confidence in an appropriate identification of the issue and a solution is not high.

Hey Dave 

BT premium phone too?

Hello,

I'm sorry that some of you are experiencing issues with your landline service whilst using the BT Premium Phone. We've given some examples to our Technical Team who are investigating this and they've advised they will approach the relevant 3rd parties to look deeper. I'm afraid it won't be a quick fix but we're working on getting it resolved as soon as we can and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Lisa