cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

So far, it has been passed to the initiator of the response and awaiting their input.

Good afternoon, Chris

We have gone back to the team with this and it's been re-opened for investigation. I shall update you when I know more.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Any update to this its Thursday now ?   It would be nice if this was treated with some priority ?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @snozski

Thanks for your reply!

I have emailed my colleague to see if we have any updates for you, they should be back in touch tomorrow. Thank you for your patience with this and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Joining this thread as seems same issue as one I started a while ago:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Hub-5-Missed-Calls/td-p/5091510

One thing is that everyone is mentioning using BT phones - just wondered if this is common to these phones or has anyone seen with other phone makes?

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on the forums @gap84.

We are investigating this issue at the moment and will get back to you as soon as we have any further updates on the situation. We're not aware of this affecting any particular brand of telephones at the moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks, but just to confirm on this thread, three of us are all using BT Premium phones - so does seem quite a coincidence!

Thanks for coming back to us @gap84, I will pass that onto the team for their investigations.

Thanks

Steven_L

well spotted gap84 I have a BT premium phone yes !

Ditto!