cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ModTeam

Hello,

Thank you all for your patience whilst we worked on fixing the ghost call issue. Our Support Team have deployed a fix this morning, please restart your Hubs to allow the fix to take affect and let us know if you're still experiencing issues.

Regards,

ModTeam

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Chris_Myers

Sorry to hear of the call issues since the migration to our updated telephony system via your Hub, we can understand the frustration this can cause. We appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We can see you have called and spoken to the team in regards to this, due to the nature of the issue we have passed your number to the relevant team to ensure there isn't any issues with it. As soon as we get an update we will let you know.

Rob

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Chris_Myers wrote:

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

There have been a couple of recent mentions about this, so you are not alone in experiencing this unusual issue.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Caller-Id-shows-calls-from-quot-No-Number-quot-every...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Hub-5-Missed-Calls/m-p/5091510

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

As goslow has advised we have seen a few of these over recent times, it's being investigated by the relevant team and we will hopefully have an update soon.

Rob

We have moved over to Virgin Media for our landline this week (Tuesday) and also have the same problem. A succession of "no number" calls showing on the display, every two to four hours, but the phone never rings and of course there is no message. Hoping this will be resolved soon; a disappointing start!

Hello chelmoo

Thanks for posting in regards to the call issues, we're currently looking into this and will hopefully have an update from the team as soon as possible.

We appreciate you taking the time to post on the forum and welcome to the community.

Rob

any idea of timescale for a resolution?

Hi @Chris_Myers

We don't have an estimated fix time at the moment unfortunately

We will update you as soon as we know more. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've been experiencing the same thing.  Its aways 8 minutes 14.38 16.48 etc nearly 1-4 hours apart.  Glad I checked this forum was driving me crazy I thought It was my phone.

I've got a new hub 5 but it was fine this has just started. 

Hi snozski, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that this is happening and we will aim to get this resolved as soon as we can. 

Chris