cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting landline to hub

ianafford
Joining in

Been having problems with my landline not working for some time, rang VM and they sent me a Hub 3 to replace the old cable modem I had.

I understand that I am now to connect the landline to the Hub 3, but having done this, I don't get a connection.  The admin page for the hub says Telephony (disabled)

What more do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @ianafford, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you.

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ianafford

Thanks for getting in touch. I've checked the system and you're on the old school phoneline, still via the wallsocket. We'll be in touch when it's time to migrate 🙂

Please try connecting it back for me and let me know how you get on

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The phone socket doesn't work, when I reported it to VM, they sent me a Hub 3, looks like I've been sent on a wild goose chase

If you had an older hub than the three, you'd have needed a new hub regardless as eventually when we do the migration, you'd be sent one.

What happens when you try and call the landline please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

When a caller calls, they get a ringing tone, but our phone never rings, we get no dial tone, and cannot ring out.

Ian

Hi @ianafford

Thank you.

Can I just clarify please, have you ever been sent an adaptor to connect the phone to the hub?

Or were you just send the hub?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No, not sent an adaptor, bought an RJ11 cable 

Okay thank you @ianafford

You would need an adaptor for this to work.

I am sorry this wasn't all explained at the time you reported the phone line fault.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange an engineer to look at the wall socket to get you connected again.

Once your area is ready for the migration, you will be contacted and an adaptor will be sent.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @ianafford, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you.

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Vikki - Forum Team

OrangeClaw138
Joining in

Our hub is in an upstairs room and our phone is downstairs. Been trying to contact Virgin but cannot get through. Has anyone had the same issue?