cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting idect phone to Hub3

johnandsharon
Joining in

Hi everyone. Had virgin fibre broadband for 3 years now. We had no need for a landline as we both have inclusive mobile contracts. However. Where I sit in our lounge seems to be a bit of a blackspot and sometimes can't receive reception and our elderly parents get frustrated that they cannot contact us. I contacted virgin and got a line enabled but on connecting my idect phone I don't seem to be getting a dialing tone. I've read about an adapter I need that plugs in between my handset and the router. Can anyone help me source this adapter as I'm getting a bit frustrated with it all. Thanks in advance.🤝

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes a very basic item.

Here is one in a VM publicity image.

Client62_0-1676115542926.png

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

an example from eBay ...

RJ11 to BT socket adaptor 

or Hub to BT Socket adaptor 

Thanks for your answer. So it’s just a standard filter that I need? Mmmm 🧐🧐I shall try that. 

Yes a very basic item.

Here is one in a VM publicity image.

Client62_0-1676115542926.png

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey johnandsharon, thanks for your post on our help forum and your questions asked.
A warm welcome to our community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues with receiving calls from your parents due to poor mobile signal in the house and for the landline having no dial tone.

We'd love to assist with that, we can see an adaptor had been send long time ago when we switched to line through fibre however we appreciate this may have been missed or misplaced?

In any case, please let us know if you need an adaptor sent to you as we can arrange this from our end for you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Guys that would be absolutely amazing. Do you have all our details? 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey jonathanandsharon, thanks for your prompt reply.

We'd be more than happy to assist, however to confirm the details with you we'll need to go on a private chat.

For this, I will send you a PM here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page and find the purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs