cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about phone requirements

DiLewis1
Joining in

Hoping I can find some help for my grandma. She recently had her phone upgraded, or so she believes. She had a Virgin Media guy come in and instal a box. However she is not able to use her landline anymore.  My Grandma is 89. My aunt has gone to stay with her she is 72.  Neither are sure whats happening. The Virgin guy said they need to buy a compatible phone. I am struggling to even see what that is. I believe VOIC and some other acronyms were used. 

It seems this was an upgrade that was just done and not requested. Please please can someone help me. Happy to buy and send them a phone just want to make sure it's the right one. All the ones on the virgin list seem to be not available.  A friend has given them an adapter but that doesn't work on the current digital phone they have.

Shame on you Virgin for leaving a vulnerable old lady without a phone.

7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @DiLewis1,

I am deeply sorry for what has happened, thanks for reaching out to me.

Can you please tell me if you would be able to pass security on the account? If we spoke privately?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I'm not sure I can - all I can do is tell you address phone number and her name. Oh and her date of birth.  

Hi @DiLewis1

I am sorry.  Does either yourself or a family member have power of attorney for your grandma?

Regards

Lee

No - all i want is for you to go round there and sort it out or look and see whats wrong.

I am sorry.  I will send you a private message.

Regards

Lee

Sorry @DiLewis1, I requested the details, to see if there was a possibility we could get someone out.  Regrettably we're unable to do so.  Nor are we able to offer advice on which handsets to purchase, sorry. In theory, most DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) phones will work with the Hub 3. However, it might be worth checking the return policy before making a purchase, just to be on the safe side.  This is more based on previous feedback from customers.

Regards

Lee

Hi DiLewis1,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and also for the update, really glad to hear your Granma will not have to purchase a new phone as the one she has is working with our new 21cv phone connected Via our Router, just in case you do need some further information around our VoIP service or anyone reading this isn't sure how it works, you can find out more here?

If you have any further issues or need any further support, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us? 

Regards

Paul.