I will get the cheque issued today and it will be with you in the next 7 days 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
ashee82
Joining in
Message 23 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Is there no way it can be sent recorded delivery? Surely such a large company can afford that! I can then place in the bank and book in the alarm companies asap as opposed to causing me further delays waiting 7 days for a cheque to arrive then another 3/5 days for it to cash.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashee82

The cheque has now been requested and will be issued and sent out in the next 24 hours 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
ashee82
Joining in
Message 25 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hi Ashee82

The cheque has now been requested and will be issued and sent out in the next 24 hours 

Gareth_L

Is that via recorded post or standard post? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 35
Flag for a moderator

It will be standard post ashee82 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
ashee82
Joining in
Message 27 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi please see email below, what does tjhis mean and why has this now been done?please confirm the cheque has been posted?

Hello Assma,

We're writing to confirm that you've opted out of having an Emergency Back-Up Line(EBUL) fitted in your home as part of your Virgin Media installation.
What this means for you
Without an Emergency Back-Up Line, you won't be able to make 999 or 112 calls during a power cut or Virgin Media network outage. As you have opted out of having this device, it's important you have a functioning and fully charged mobile phone available at home at all times.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashee82,

This would be to do with the new phone line system, that you were discussing with Gareth above. The cheque would have been sent out the other day so you'll be receiving it soon.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ashee82
Joining in
Message 29 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Hi Ashee82,

This would be to do with the new phone line system, that you were discussing with Gareth above. The cheque would have been sent out the other day so you'll be receiving it soon.

Kind regards,

Hi 

no mention was made of the feature of not being able to dial emergency services at all! And stating it would have been sent out is not sufficient please kindly confirm if it has or has not 

0 Kudos
ashee82
Joining in
Message 30 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The cheque sent is in the wrong name and gender after speaking to me and being a customer for years how is it addressed to mr assma hussain when it should be Ms Asma Hussain.  I have messaged and till date not received any contact number for a manger or gareths team to discuss a resolution to yet another virgin media error!! Can someone contact me as a matter of urgency!!!  

0 Kudos