Compatible corded phones

Debbie18
Tuning in

Good Evening

Is the BT Decor 2600 corded phone compatible

with Virgin media line please.

I need to replace my Mums phone & want to make sure this is going 

to work before purchase if possible please 

If not can you suggest a corded landline with answerphone & large buttons?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Debbie18

Thanks for posting. I've raised this with an area manager before and they've advised me there's no list as such. They've just advised that any newer handsets should work with the 21CV phoneline technology. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Don't think you will get a reliable yes/no answer to this question. Occasionally the forum team comment on a specific phone model that has known issues but not that often. Any modern phone 'should' work on a VM line.

When new phone problems do crop up, it is usually more to do with some issue on the individual customer's line (such as a particular caller ID problem or a problem with line voltage etc.) rather than something generic with the phone.

As a comment on BT phones in general though (which you can get a feel for in Amazon reviews), the negative reviews often refer to random faults developing during use (such as ringers failing etc. and general QA-type issues with build quality)

If you search the model on Amazon, the Q&A's generally seem to suggest it works OK on VM lines. You have no guarantees though, so buy from somewhere that has a no-quibble returns policy so you can send it back if you do run into an unexpected issue.

Hi Goslow

Thank you for your reply, very helpful.

A virgin engineer has confirmed it is the handset, so need to replace asap

as Mums helpline isn't working, & I wanted to make sure I got the right phone.

as I can only get to visit once a week.

I will check out Amazon for reviews.

Thank you

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If a VM tech has advised replacing the handset that could well be the reason for the issue but there have been plenty of topics on here where a tech has declared the handset defunct, and the customer has bought a new one, only to find no change and no fix to the fault. Hence another reason for buying from somewhere you can return the new phone to if needs be.

If your mother has an emergency careline device (which sits between the phone socket and the phone) then that is another link in the chain that could be an issue. One would hope though that would have been checked out by the tech as part of the fault finding process.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Debbie18

Thanks for posting. I've raised this with an area manager before and they've advised me there's no list as such. They've just advised that any newer handsets should work with the 21CV phoneline technology. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you Goslow & John for the information.

The engineer called me while he was at Mums to say the buttons on the phone were stuck

So im hoping its a case of unplugging one & plugging in a new one, along with a big dose of luck !!

Thank you both for your help, much appreciated. 

Thanks for coming back to us.

Do keep us posted if there's anything further we can assist with.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Update:-

Thanks everyone for your input. I bought the BT Decor 2600 

from Curry's with guarantee of a refund if the phone wasn't suitable.

Luckily it worked a treat, plugged it in & Mum was back connected with the outside world.

Thank you again everyone.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad to hear that this has worked @Debbie18

Kind regards,

Zak_M