cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of Panasonic KX-T8421E Cordless Phone System with VM Hub ?

Scanners42
Joining in

Can somebody please  tell me if my cordless phone is compatible with my Virgin Hub? We're being forced to change out land line on 5/4/23 and want to know in advance if there are going to be issues. Obviously we will connect the main hub phone to the router and not the auxiliary phone to it.

Personally I can see the move form the landline to be all positive form Virgins perspective - they won't have to service the wired network any longer whereas I:

1. Will not longer be able to use my three extension points which are the the best points in my house for us to use
  2. Will have no phone working if there is a power cut and my mobile is out of battery
  3. Might have to buy a new phone.

Thanks for any replies.

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Scanners42 wrote:

Can somebody please  tell me if my cordless phone is compatible with my Virgin Hub? We're being forced to change out land line on 5/4/23 and want to know in advance if there are going to be issues. Obviously we will connect the main hub phone to the router and not the auxiliary phone to it.

Personally I can see the move form the landline to be all positive form Virgins perspective - they won't have to service the wired network any longer whereas I:

1. Will not longer be able to use my three extension points which are the the best points in my house for us to use
  2. Will have no phone working if there is a power cut and my mobile is out of battery
  3. Might have to buy a new phone.

Thanks for any replies.

Which hub model are you using?

You should not expect a problem with that model phone as it is a modern device.

VM should offer to modify your phone wiring free of charge so that extension sockets still work post-switchover.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Scanners42,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With the switchover, if the phones that you have are wireless and work through one base unit being plugged in, other phones may not work on the system, you can find all our information about the switchover here.

Hope this helps. Joe

How do I know what hub I have? I can see no info on the hub to find that out.

How do I book a technician to come out as my main phone is remote from the router and we have a number of extensions. I've tried to book and appointmentvai the website but could not find it. Could you send a link to me that enables me to book an appointment with a technician. Thanks

@Scanners42 wrote:

How do I know what hub I have? I can see no info on the hub to find that out.

How do I book a technician to come out as my main phone is remote from the router and we have a number of extensions. I've tried to book and appointmentvai the website but could not find it. Could you send a link to me that enables me to book an appointment with a technician. Thanks

Look on the back of the hub for the two grey telephone sockets (TEL1 is where you would connect the phone via the VM adapter). Hubs 3, 4 and 5 have the phone sockets older hubs do not.

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

The VM forum team on here should be able to book a technician for you to modify extension socket wiring.

Hey @Scanners42, thanks for getting back to us.

In order for us to go about getting a technician booked in for you we would need to clear you through security via a private message which I will send to you.

If you haven't used our private message system here you can find it by going to our homepage and then clicking the little purple envelope in the top right.

Speak to you soon. Joe