cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Check phone line' error message

stevetheb
Joining in

Good afternoon all.

My landline has been off for 2 to 3 days, not sure when it first happened but I think it was when we had heavy rain and a thunderstorm. There is no dialing tone and if you ring it, you get a ring tone but there is nothing from the phone. I have tried another phone, there are no other reported issues and according to the website there are no faults,

any help appreciated, please

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevetheb,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline connection! 

Have you been able to take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help with your ongoing issue? I have checked our systems and I cannot see any area issues that would be impacting your landline connection.

Have you tried to disconnect and then re-connect your landline handset to see if this can help? 

If available, please try connecting a different handset to your landline connection.

Let me know how you get on. If you need further assistance, please let me know and I'll be happy to help investigate further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina, thanks for the reply.

I have looked at the landlines fault page and there is nothing there to help, I have also unplugged and re connected the phone, and bought a new cheap phone to try, all with the same result

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevetheb,

Thank you for coming back to me about your ongoing landline issue. Sorry to hear that the website and the tips did not help to resolve your issue. 

In order to investigate this issue further, I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevetheb
Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your ongoing landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevetheb,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. Glad to hear that you're happy with your appointment date and time. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on and let us know if you need any further help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Paulina,

phone is working now, the fault appeared to be on the old BT wiring, so the engineer connected it up to the cable.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Hi @stevetheb,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that you're all up and running again now.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!