cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Status on Home Phone

myss
Up to speed

People trying to get through to my home phone alerted me that it had been permanently engaged, so I checked the status online which said there were no issues and then did a test on my phone line which also said it found no issues. 

I then called VM from my mobile to report it, a recorded voice said that the engineers are aware and working on it. So why is there such an inaccuracy with the Check Status facilities on VM??

6 REPLIES 6

myss
Up to speed

I would also be grateful if someone can confirm that I have 'registered' the loss of service with VM. As mentioned I called the 0345 number and it confirmed where I was calling from and then further confirmed the fault, I didn't get to speak with anyone. Thanks.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @myss,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline at the moment. I have looked into this a bit further and refreshed your number on the network.

Please can you try your line again and let me know if this has helped at all?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your reply. It appears that I have a dial tone now. Can you please clarify a couple things for me: 1) what do you mean that you refreshed my number? Does that mean that was all that was needed or is this something to be done after the engineers did their part??  2) my original query about the check status and test my line responses saying no issue but calling the 0345 number says there was.

Thanks for coming back to us @myss.

Refreshing your number on the network means that I have removed and re-added your number to the network, this is part of the trouble shooting that we use to determine issues, it has a similar affect to turning a hub or TV box off and on again. This should not need to be done to the number but It can sometimes resolve this type of issue. 

I'm not sure, why you were told different information from two sources. Did the 0345 number confirm it was an issue with landline or was it just a fault in your area with all services.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for your prompt reply and clarifying the term you used. I'm not entirely sure if it was just a fault for me or local are but message just said engineers were aware and are on it. 

Thanks for coming back to me @myss and I'm happy to help you out. 

I will be sure to pass on your feedback about this to the concerned teams to make sure that the communication/information that we give out is correct across the board.

Regards,

Steven_L