Menu
muppetwalk3
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Check Phone Line

Hi

My landline has stopped working again and for the second time in a couple of months I have the Check Phone Line error coming up on my handset. The handset is working fine so there is no issue there but I currently have broadband connection issues and apparently alongside a known fault with Broadband in my area there is a TV service issue too. My broadband has been intermittent for a couple of months with the connection dropping out and my landline keeps going off.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Check Phone Line

What area are you in, out of interest? I've had a similar on-off landline phone service accompanied sometimes with delays in getting a broadband connection over the last month or so, in GU14.

As the phone line has been down to an eventually acknowledged area fault on at least 5 or 6 days over the month - and is down again today - I tried unsuccessfully in another thread below to establish if the faults were the same each time. It's getting totally frustrating!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi muppetwalk3, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch regarding the issues with your services. 

As you have stated it is not the handset that is the issue, can you please ensure the cables leading in to the handset are secure and not damaged at all?

Let me know your findings and I will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
muppetwalk3
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've checked wires and connections and they are fine. Broadband has once again been intermittent today and phone still says Check Phone Line

0 Kudos
muppetwalk3
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi i'm in DL1. Its doing my head in internet is on then off and phone just won't go on at all.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi muppetwalk3,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with this.

I am going to drop you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account for you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos