cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Check Phone Line” message on all handsets

Mogarth
Joining in

hi..

I have the message “Check Phone Line” on all my handsets and the phones are dead, no dialling tone and I can’t make or receive calls.. I did the routine check which said there was no fault and I tried unplugging the main handset from the wall socket where it is installed and tested each handset individually.. I ran the test again and it still said there is no fault, so I tried booking an engineer to visit but was unable to do it online and as my phone is not working I can’t call for an engineer.. my mobile provider charges up to 55p a minute to call Virgin and last time I called I was on hold for nearly 50 minutes, so that’s out of the question..

any suggestions would be much appreciated as my home phone is a necessity..

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mogarth,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issue with the line, sounds like you've been through all the checks we would ask so far thank you!

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and it does look like an engineer is required, before I arrange this I just need to confirm a few details, I've sent you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mogarth,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issue with the line, sounds like you've been through all the checks we would ask so far thank you!

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and it does look like an engineer is required, before I arrange this I just need to confirm a few details, I've sent you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for sending your details over Mogarth,

I've arranged a technician for you, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Thank you so much Alex