cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for phoning a fax machine

Coronavirus
Joining in

What can I do about being charged for 'phoning' a fax machine EVERY month? On  B.T. forum the same no. 0121 359 8100 is being charged to lots of their customers. I DO NOT call that no. sometimes get money credited on next bill 42p. not always as can't get to talk to anyone at virgin media-this is obviously a 'big scam'  So why can't they do something about it?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

11 REPLIES 11

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to figure out what is calling it, a common issue is customers alarm system dialing it, do you have an alarm system?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Coronavirus,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

So sorry for the issues faced, can I ask whether you are receiving any unsolicited calls to the landline that are answered?

Thanks,

Kain

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Coronavirus wrote:

What can I do about being charged for 'phoning' a fax machine EVERY month? On  B.T. forum the same no. 0121 359 8100 is being charged to lots of their customers. I DO NOT call that no. sometimes get money credited on next bill 42p. not always as can't get to talk to anyone at virgin media-this is obviously a 'big scam'  So why can't they do something about it?

A care alarm is mentioned in one report about this number. Do you have any equipment of that type?

Hi Kain I am receiving loads of calls from unknown no's despite signing up with T.P.S. I don't answer them. I even asked virgin to block any outgoing calls from my phone (they still haven't done that) month's ago they were going to send me @something@ that would filter my calls through the internet so frustrating that can't talk/type get any response from Virgin think I will just get rid of landline

No alarm in home.

Hi Coronavirus, thanks for the message, I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the landline and this is not the experience which we want you to have. Would you look at changing the number to something different? ^Chris

goslow
Alessandro Volta

OP started topic about phantom call charges rather than nuisance calls (which everyone will get at some point on their landline number).

Hi Coronavirus, we would not be able to stop such calls coming into you but if you get calls from anonymous numbers we would be able to set up a Anonymous Caller Rejection service on the landline. ^Chris

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Coronavirus wrote:

Post #1