cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing/transferring landline number

BBB1
Joining in

Currently have 2 landlines with VM which I wish to reduce to one. The number I wish to keep however is the "Additional line" (main one used by friends and family!) and have been told that it is this line I must cancel.

Have asked if I could cancel additional line, free up that number, then transfer/change that number to my primary line, but have been told that is not possible? Only way to change the number on the primary line would be to cancel whole phone package and start again with a new number. That surely can't be the only way to get rid of an unwanted line/number?

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BBB1, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced regarding this, each account would have a primary number attached to it however, we can add additional sockets like your package.

Can I ask what reason you're unable to keep the required number?

Thanks,

Kain

Thank you for your reply Kain.

The number on my primary line, that I would wish to change, was previously used for some business work but notwithstanding is also plagued with nuisance/unsolicited calls. I am very keen to get rid of it and only wish to pay for one landline on my already significant Virgin package. The number on my "additional line" is that which is mainly used for friends, family, etc and therefore the one I would wish to somehow retain please. 

I was informed by customer service that it is possible to change a number on an existing line and wondered if it would therefore be possible to cancel my additional line, free up that number, and then transfer/change that number to my primary/remaining line?

Having to cancel all my landlines and start again with an all new number seems a bit drastic. In that case it may be easier to forget about a landline package altogether and just use mobiles.

Regards

Bob

Hi @BBB1

Thank you for providing this information. Please join me on private message so we can locate your account and pass security and I'll take a look and investigate this further for you. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @BBB1

Hopefully, this is all resolved for you now. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post again on our community forums, we're here and happy to help if needed.

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley