cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeover issue

mikeawilson
Joining in

I moved the (recently purchased) Panasonic base unit to the inconvenient location of the Hub.  Not too much of a problem, as we will be moving in a month or so.

However....

Plug everything in as specified, reboot the hub.  The phone light flashes green for a while then goes off.  The phone base unit handset shows the continuous message "Check phone line".  No dial tone.  does not ring when called, although the caller thinks it is ringing.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @mikeawilson, and a very warm welcome to you!

Are you connecting the phone to the hub via an RJ11 cable? 

This should be issued to you from an engineer

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I think so.  It's the adaptor sent, plus the cable that used to connect the base unit to the wall socket.  AFAIK, that's an RJ11.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming mikeawilson.

I would like to take a look at the account from our side as we may need to review the order status for the line.

To do this, I am going to pop you over a private message and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

No resolution (and no telephone) so far......

Still waiting.  No response to PM.

And the "Contact us" link below is broken.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mikeawilson, 

My apologies for the delay in response. I am afraid the private message service is not an instant response method of contact but I will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. 

I have replied to your last message and look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you 

Nat

Problem solved.  By me.  I used the old RJ11 lead from the previous phone to connect the new one to the wall box.  When I moved the base unit to the Hub, I used the BNIB RJ11 that came with the Panasonic 3 station wireless phone.  It was faulty.  Just thought I would try the old lead and all works fine.  Now to sit on the phone for an hour or two to cancel the engineer who is coming out tomorrow....

As you're here Natalie, can you answer another query?  We will be moving to the house next door in the next month or so.  They are also VM customers.  I understand that there will be switchings and stuff to do  but will it essentially be as easy as unplugging our Hub and putting it next door?  I don't fancy having to go through every attached appliance to reset connections/passwords, etc if we need a new Hub.

Many thanks.