cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to fibre phone as wall socket broken

ASykes29
Joining in

Hi, is it possible to activate phone via my superhub instead of via the wall socket? Due to poor mobile signal in the house we’ve decided to setup the landline ( had it for five years without using it…) and turns out it doesn’t work through the wall socket. Rather than fix it can the phone via the superhub be enabled?

thanks

Allister 

2 REPLIES 2

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ASykes29 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm going to send you a PM for more details so I can look into this for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of the Forum. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ASykes29 wrote:

Hi, is it possible to activate phone via my superhub instead of via the wall socket? Due to poor mobile signal in the house we’ve decided to setup the landline ( had it for five years without using it…) and turns out it doesn’t work through the wall socket. Rather than fix it can the phone via the superhub be enabled?

thanks

Allister 

You could. But bear in mind that the line will not work during any power or broadband network outages. Vulnerable customers can have an EBUL (Emergency Back Up Line) installed that is battery operated, but this will only call the emergency services (999) via a suitable mobile signal.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks