Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to VOIP now phone has echos 2022

jim046
Joining in

Hi,

Hi,

I have read other posts and there is no real answer, I just changed from the normal phone connection to now plugged into the hub and i have an echo on my handsets, I have done the following:

1. rebooted hub.

2. brought new handset.

3. rebooted hub

and the problem still is there.

while the engineers are nice when they visit we really haven't solved the issue, is this forum able to suggest anything to help?

23 REPLIES 23

@Trooper05 wrote:

virgins messed things up mate...and theyre desperate not to admit it...can see this message being deleted ASAP

Two weeks later, and not been deleted.....

Hi Royal64,

Welcome to the Community Forums

I'm very sorry to hear of the experience you've had with us recently after your parents home phone switch over. I appreciate that must have been frustrating for both you and your parents.

In regards to your point about being unable to turn the landline off without turning off the Hub, this is true, however if you just unplug the landline from the hub, you can still use the internet but your landline will have no power going to it.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can raise a complaint with you and seek to help further.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope

Thanks

Beth

Beth,

Thank you for your reply, but on reading the forums, it means absolutely nothing to us customers. Since Tuesday and it is now Thursday, the landline has been useless. Each time someone tries to phone us, we can hear them (aswell as ourselves), but they keep saying hello. what an horrendous line. Spent more money using my mobile phone calling people back. Virgin has left a substandard phone line and Virgin have not dealt with echo issues since last year from reading on here.

It is bad where a company is taking no notice of customers, taking their money but not sorting out the problem before the continued roll out of the change over of VOIP.

VOIP Needs to be stopped now before the issues are sorted. Will update tomorrow when another engineer turns up, but will not hold my breath as I will be dead!!

I think this issue is a job for Martin Lewis - Virgin Rip off Company for problems and the Newspapers

Thanks for coming back to us Royal64,

We are sorry to hear that this issue has not been resolved and another technician has been booked for the echo on your landline.

We can certainly understand your frustration with this ongoing matter.

Please do keep us posted with what the engineer advises you tomorrow, or what we are putting in place to resolve the issue.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi All,

I have just switched from BT to Virgin Fibre and I appear to have the same issue. I hadn't realised the landline was VOIP and can now see the phone is plugged in to the back of the router. I have exactly the same issues where I can hear myself as a constant echo when trying to speak to anyone. I have tried calling the telephone numbers for Support but after 30+ minutes waiting gave up.

I am brand new to the community so not quite sure how things work here but if anyone can offer any help on how to get a resolution or an engineer booked that would be great. I'm not sure what an engineer can do to resolve the echo but I am willing to try anything at this point.

Thanks

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @RickyG1, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the echoing sound on the landline services via the router.

Can you please confirm if you have been able to test a different handset on the connection to rule out any faults that may have developed with the handset?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

I am having exactly the same problem but only since my router was changed to the most up to date one.

I get an echo when using my landline. 

Can someone from Virgin please help so this can be looked into?

An engineer has already been out and suggested it was my phone.

I purchased a new phone and its made no difference!

Thanks 

Hi there @Claireleslie73

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your services! Can I just ask, what exactly is happening with the landline? 

Is the caller echoing or do you hear yourself on the line? Have you also tried the adaptor in another port? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ash

I can hear myself echo.

I haven't tried the phone line in a different socket in the router. Should I do this?