cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change landline number

yunwang
Tuning in
  • When I signed the contract, I discussed with your staff that I need to keep the original landline number. Before the instrument arrived, I have been responding to your staff to make sure that the original number is maintained. Your staff has always responded that there is no problem, but they did not keep the original landline number. I do not understand why? Now the error occurs, I want to change the landline number to the original one, because this is the number used by the enterprise. Because the landline number was changed, my business was greatly affected. I tried to contact the staff and they told me that the phone can be changed at different times, one person said it was 24 hours, another person said it was 48 hours, one person said it was 5 days, and another person said it was 8 to 10 days, I don’t know Know why time is getting longer and longer. I suspect they didn't deal with it at all!
  •  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've spoken to many, many staff, and now I'm very confused.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Yungwang, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post. 

A warm welcome from us in the community.

We're sorry to hear of the landline issues after switching to VM and the problems this has caused to you.

We'd love to best help, allow us to explain when an install is complete and we have a number to port in we usually provide you with a temporary number until we can complete the porting and assign your old number on the line.
This also requires the number to be active by the supplier at the time of the porting process.

From the time the porting is initiated it may take 8-10 working days to complete, apologies for any confusion caused here as we'd advise on the days left for this depending on what date and time you called in to get this update.

Can you please tell us how long it's been since you switched to VM and have your services been activated now?

We'll be here to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've spoken to many, many staff, and now I'm very confused.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and we're sorry to see your confusion, can you please advise on the above asked so we can see how to assist? Do you have active services (including landline) as we speak and how long has it been active for, if so? ^AG

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My current landline activated. But the landline number I want is not activated yet.

maybe 2 days

Hi there @yunwang 

I'd be happy to check that the port is set up for you. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.