cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Landline number

aspinalm
Joining in

We want our previous number back. It should have been transferred from BT to Virginmedia but hasn’t.  What can we do? Contacting company has not been helpful. 43 years we had previous number!

9 REPLIES 9

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aspinalm

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, have you already advised our team around wanting your number ported? What was advised?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We contacted Virginmedia to advise the porting had not occurred but they weren’t very helpful.

what can we do, any advice would be welcome as I’d had the previous number for 43 years!

Thank you for the update @aspinalm.

Sorry to hear your landline number was not ported from a different supplier and that you were not able to get help regarding this. Just to confirm, is your landline from the previous supplier still active for the port to take place? Also, when you last spoke with our team, what was discussed? 

Thanks,  

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thanks for you reply.

we contacted Bt who said number was still unallocated, Virginmedia customer services apologised for not porting the number but weren’t sure it could be done.

some talk about it costing Virginmedia to port the number.

I’m very unhappy with their service.

Sorry to hear you experienced this @aspinalm.

We would need the BT line with that number to be active so we can put in a port request and transfer the number. In this case, did BT offer the option to reopen the line with that number for you?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Will ask my son in law for more details and respond once I know more as he has taken over the management of our internet and phone supply.

regards

Mary

Please do keep us updated and let us know if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

We changed to Virgin on 28/10/21 after assurances were obtained that the landline would be ported over since it was a number I had held for over 40 years. we were told it would take about 10days.
Several calls later during which complaints have been raised over the non resolution and poor service over the porting previously agreed, we are no further. BT did have the number available for 60days but virgin now say it would cost them to obtain it. They offered compensation but I want the landline number, as a local councillor my number has been know you the community for 20 years. The Council has had to change my contact number in their website.

A complaint about the poor handling of this has been raised c-1612211188. 

what else can we do?

regards

Mary

Hi @aspinalm,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm very sorry to hear that this issue appears to be ongoing and yet to be resolved.

I'm going to send you a private message in a moment so we can take a closer look at what's going on and assist you further. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!