cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain landlines cannot connect to my landline

shruts
Joining in

I have recently changed my landline to now be connected via the hub.

Few people have told me that they are trying to call me on my VM landline but get a dead tone however when they are calling me my phone rings as normal but I cant hear them. 

This doesn't happen to other calls I get but only seems to occur on the same numbers calling me who are also on VM landline.

11 REPLIES 11

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shruts

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear certain people are trying to ring you and cannot get through to you. 

Can I ask, as you say it's only certain people not all, are they all on the same network or different ones? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Many thanks for looking into this.

I believe they are on the same VM network. 

The problem only occurs when they are calling me on my landline. If I call them from my landline to their landline then there is no problem. 

Thanks for coming back to me. Are they calling from their mobiles to your landline or landline to landline please? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

They are calling from Virgin Media landline to my Virgin Media landline 

Thanks, are these people local to you or a different area?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

I would say they are quite local, around 5 to 8 miles away from me but they are also a few miles apart from each other.

There are other people who are of a more closer proximity to them who dont have this issue when calling me on my landline and are also on Virgin Media landline. 

Thanks for coming back to me.

Can you ask them to try dialling the number manually if they're not already?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

They are both dialling manually 

Hi thanks for coming back to me.

I will send you a PM now as I need to get the details to check the line

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team