cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant use Home Phone - Lots of static on line

besomdave
Tuning in

My partner (and account holder) tried to use our Home Phone today (we normally use mobiles) and found that the line is ususable due lots of static / white noise on the line. The phone does connect to other phones BUT due to the static noise you cant hear anything.

Our other services (broadband and TV) are working fine.

Ive tried the website line check, which states all is OK. But its NOT.

Obviously I can't call The Virgin help line using the home phone dure to the noise problem, so im reaching out here to find out how I can contact Virgin Media to report this problem.

Thanks for any help in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @besomdave,

Many thanks for your post - sorry to hear of the landline issue you're experiencing at the moment.

Just to confirm, your phone is able to make / receive calls? Just the static makes these not impossible to carry out?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Correct. Can make & receive calls but static drowns out everything once connection is made.

Anyway I found a contact number i could use via my moblie and was able to make an an appointment for an enginners vist via Virgins automated service.

Thanks for your responce anyway.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @besomdave,

Thanks for your reply and for the update - I'm really glad you've been able to get an engineer booked in to get this fixed.

If you do experience any further issues, do drop back and we'll be happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide