cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make outgoing calls

Donald1946
On our wavelength

i can recieve calls but unable to call out?phones must be compatable otherwise would not be able to recieve calls i'm on 1 GIG Modem

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Donald1946, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear your landline is not working as it should be currently. 

In order to help look at this, there are a few checks we will need to go through with you. Can you let me know the following please:

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Donald1946
On our wavelength

the phone rings and i can speak to caller but when i try to call out says Line in use

Hi Donald1946, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

Do you have more than one landline handset at your home? If so, is this the same for both those handsets? 

Usually this error happens if someone hasn't hung up on the other end however if someone tries calling you, it would then come up as engaged. As you are still able to receive calls, this would rule that out. 

Come back to me so I can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Donald1946
On our wavelength

i have other handsets linked up to main handset that is connected to the hub and they all ring 

Hi Donald1946, 

Thanks again for sticking with me on this one. 

As the other handsets are ringing out and not getting the same error, this would point to an issue with the handset that is experiencing the error as opposed to the phone line itself. 

I would recommend resetting the affected handset, maybe try unplugging and seeing if this resolves things. If it doesn't I would have a look at the manufacturer handbook for the device or alternatively buying a new handset. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Donald1946
On our wavelength

problem solved it was two handsets not compatable with main handset disconnected the two other handsets all working fine now thanks.

Hi Donald1946, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one and confirming that things are resolved for you now. 

If you do have any further issues going forward then you know where we are.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team