cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot ring out or in!

AnnyRobinson
Joining in

We have tried everything over a couple of weeks, but now we cannot make or receive calls on our Virgin home phone. As two of us in the house are disabled/bedridden we rely on our phone. Please help!

Many thanks, Anny

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the problems faced AnnyRobinson,

Welcome to the community.

So we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM AnnyRobinson,

The appointment has now been booked in for you!

Do let us know how it goes.

Take care,

Kain

Thank you for all of your help, Kain. We really appreciate it!

Best wishes, Anny

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AnnyRobinson,

Thank you for coming back to us about your landline issue! Is everything resolved now, or do you need any further assistance going forward? 🙂

We're here to help if you need it!

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This issue has not been fully resolved. We had a technician back in the last week of November who managed to get our phone working by switching it to the fibre network. He said that he, or another tech, would return and do some other work to facilitate this which would involve digging up part of our front garden.

Another technician came a few days before Christmas, but had no handover notes from the previous technician and did not understand what needed to be done. We were told that he would report this back and we would be contacted again by Virgin after Christmas to resolve the matter.

Yesterday, I tried to contact Virgin via the website, but had an automated email reply back. This took me back to the beginning of this issue, where we cannot progress through the questions asked on the telephone helpline and end up going round in a circle! We are constantly asked for our mobile number, when this problem is about the landline, which is very strange.

Please can you help us resolve this and get our landline upgraded as has been promised by the first technician who visited! Thank you.

Hi AnnyRobinson,

Thank you for reaching back out, you advised a technician came and got your phone working and changed it to Phone Via the Hub, what is it that is needed to be done now?

Regards

Paul.

Thank you much for your reply. The first technician told me that the line between the house and the box in the pavement outside needed changing in some way. This would need the front garden to be partly dug up. The problem is that he didn’t pass this information back properly so the second technician didn’t have any idea of what he needed to do. I have the first name of the first technician, but not his surname, but he probably won’t remember what he told me after all this time!

Best wishes, Anne

It sounds like you mean you need a new outside cable, are your service still not working?

Regards

Paul.

The main phone in the lounge works fine now but during the first visit, by Anton in November 2022, the phone was fitted into the hub, but with a short cable, which does not stretch across the room. My husband is disabled and needs to be able to reach the phone without getting up. This how our previous setup worked. He now has to get up and walk across the room to get to the phone, which causes him severe discomfort.

The important issue is that the original technician, Anton, told us that the cable between the house and the pavement needed changing. I cannot remember the reason why. A second technician came in the week before Christmas (three weeks after the first), clearly stating that Anton had not left any message or notes for this second technician to look at and so he didn’t know what the problem was. My husband relayed everything that we had been told by the first technician and then we realised that this second one didn’t understand because of the lack of technical notes. He did, however, trace the cable and found another entry into the house, but could not see how this fitted to another phone that we have in the hallway. Did this get relayed to you when we were told that we needed a third visit? It seems that both technicians have not left proper notes on your system.

We have been waiting for Virgin to contact us about the third visit are concerned that this has not been actioned. We also appreciate your help.

Best wishes, Anne